Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Comment on Evening January 30 of "Daily Light on Daily Path"

 
 
Dear friend,
 
"Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him." (Pro. 22:15) Such foolishness continues all through life, and they constitute the many occasions for "the yoke in his youth" to be applied. A yoke is that instrument of labour to harness and control that which, otherwise, would be aimless and useless. Thus, an animal is yoked in order to get it to plow the field, for example. "It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth." (Lam. 3:27) "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." (Pro. 22:6)
 
We who belong to God, our Heavenly Father, are indeed most blessed, for He loves us and would chasten us for our profit. He is not like many a useless father among men, who fails to do that to their children. Even among those who do, there is none who does so as perfectly as our Heavenly Father. "We have had fathers of our flesh, which corrected us; and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness." (Heb. 12:9, 10)
 
When you are afflicted by the Lord and you got angry and go astray, then, indeed, you are quite unlike the Psalmist who wrote: "Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word. It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes." (Psa. 119:67, 71) Never get angry with God's Word no matter how It makes you feel uncomfortable. They are the making of the yoke of Christ for you to bear humbly and thankfully.
 
The Lord knows what He is doing. We can certainly trust Him. He said, "I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." (Jer. 29:11)
 
What is our expected end? And how does it come to us? (1Pe. 5:6)
Do read the Holy Scriptures for yourselves in the free Daily Light on Daily Path for this day at http://soshine.blogspot.com/2008/01/daily-light-on-daily-path-january.html#Jan30E.

 

God bless you!

Yours in Christ's Service,
lck

http://www.soshine.blogspot.com

 

No comments: